March 16, 2008

Thoughts on Mississippi

As I pulled the For Sale sign out of the front yard today it really hit me that we will be leaving here very soon. We only have about 2 weeks left until we are on to our next destination San Antonio. Mississippi has been good to us in so many ways but it has also been the roughest year I have ever experienced. We have made so many great friends in such a short time and it is so comforting to know that I have so many people to call on in times of need and unfortuantely I've had to do that quite a bit. Thank you to all who have made Mississippi home for us. It is easier for us to leave knowing that at some point most of our good friends will move on too and we now have wonderful new places to visit. Will and I are going to be doing a lot of goodbyes over the next 2 weeks. We will have his last day of school, our last squadron function, my last book club meeting , and hopefully a last Mom's night out. We are so thankful for the experiences we've had here and really look forward to having visitors in San Antonio. I never thought this girl from Boston would feel so at home in Mississippi. I really think we would have stayed if it weren't for the heat, bugs and constantly having to shop at Wal- Mart!

5 comments:

kelseyj74 said...

I feel so lucky to have gotten to know your family. Will is so precious!! I remember when met you at the YMCA for the first time.

Susan Thomas said...

You'll be closer to me in Dallas! I'm greatful we got to meet via Ocean Springs. We will have to catch up, the boys can play poker again!

heather said...

We'll miss you guys! :)
I am not a big country fan but I love the MS Sugarland song! Very funny!

Marian said...

Oh no way!! I guess I can't be in denial any longer....you and Will really are leaving :(
Goodbyes are soooo hard!! We will MISS your family so much! And I can't wait to meet Will's new baby sibling. We will look forward to a visit in San Antonio and having you over to visit us when we move to Portland Oregon!! And YES WE WILL SCHEDULE A LAST MOM's NIGHT OUT!!

Kathy said...

Let's be sure to get together as families when Josh gets here too... And if you guys need us to take Will while packing, just let us know too. See you and Will at the Easter picnic - I'll be at the face painting booth!