June 22, 2008

Squadron Picnic



Josh's squadron had their annual picnic at the lake on Saturday. We haven't done too much exploring yet so we had no idea that this beautiful lake was only 20 minutes from our house. The drive there reminded us of the back roads that we used to bike in Northern California. It got us really thinking about biking again so after the picnic we loaded up Josh's bike and took it to a local bike shop to get it tuned up. The bike shop was actually a tri shop which is really hard to find. It made me so jealous but really motivated to get back out there after the baby. It is something that we both loved doing but didn't do it at all in Mississippi due to the land (completely flat), the bugs, and the heat. There are tons of hills out here and plenty of riding groups. I can't wait! It is hard to imagine being in shape again because I already feel so big but I know I'll get there. Anyways, back to the picnic. Several people brought their boats and waverunners which we did not do but only because Will was having so much fun just swimming around. There was a great big air conditioned dining room and a ton of good food. We had a great time and Will passed right out on the way home.

No comments: