April 14, 2008

Greetings from San Antonio


We have had a busy couple of weeks but we are here and getting settled. I think I've been to Target just about every day. I really like the area and love the weather so far. It reminds me of Arizona, nice and dry. Will is settling in and has found a great friend in Nick our friends 5 year old. Our good friends from California live right down the street which is great. I have already managed to borrow her OB, pediatrician, hairdresser, and babysitter. It is so nice to know someone in the area. Will and I have made our rounds to the doctor already. I had my first OB appointment in 7 weeks and got to the heartbeat which is so nice and I will go for an ultrasound on Wednesday. I feel like a fish out of water for many reasons but going from a small town in Mississippi to the 7th largest city in the US is quite a change. My navigatiomn system is coming in handy! My mission for this week is to find Will a preschool for the fall. We visited one today which was very nice and they had openings. Yeah! I almost forgot to mention Will's big milestones last week. The crib is now in the new baby's room and he is in big boy bed and we got rid of his paci's. It was way less traumatic than I anticipated and he is doing great with all the new changes.

Will taking a tour of the moving truck

This is the fifth house that we have placed our family stone in front of in just 6 years of marriage. I really hope we are done moving for a while!

3 comments:

Jenni B. said...

I'm so glad you are settled, I've been waiting to hear. I am sure you are all very happy to be under one roof again.

Kathy said...

Hooray! You are there and sound like life is falling into place quickly. We'll still be praying for you guys to find your "spot" with friends, church, etc... Your home looks nice. I like your family stone too... maybe it's there to stay for a while, eh? Will looks so cute with his canine companion watching over him. : )
Take care, you guys! We miss you.

Marian said...

I'd call you now but it's 3 am...hmmm i don't think you'd appreciate that. Wow! I'm so glad to hear you guys are settling in so well especially Will. Those are huge milestones! I'm also glad to hear you've got good friends in your neighborhood! MISS YOU ALREADY! and I will try the phone today. Sorry, I opted for a nap when I had a one hour breather today. If I could only sleep well at night then I won't be so tired by midday.