April 16, 2008

Maybe a girl!

It is still a little too early to say for sure but today at our ultrasound we were told "don't rush out and buy any pink yet but it looks like a girl." We will know for sure at our next ultrasound which will be in about 4-6 weeks. I have already started calling it a she but I know that a lot of times it may look like a girl when in fact it is a little boy. We really don't care either way. Of course it would be nice to have one of each for a good balance but I love little boys and it would be great for Will to have a brother. Plus, I have endless bins of boy clothes. I know that Josh saw dollar signs when he heard the word girl. Their clothes are so cute! Anyways, it was great to see the baby as it now looks like a baby rather than a tadpole. "She" was moving like crazy and crossing her legs. It is so funny because I felt none of it. I am getting over my nausea just in time to get a really nasty cold. It is so nice to see that no matter how bad you are feeling they look great! I will get 2 more ultrasounds before all is said and done which is awesome. I love having private insurance. It's a whole new world! I'll keep you posted on the gender guessing game and the search for preschools with a combination of phonics/spanish/chapel/music and any other educational activity. When did preschools become so complicated?!!!!

3 comments:

Susan Thomas said...

so excited for you either way! Yeah, I agree on the dollar signs thing. My best friend in Houston is having a daughter tomorrow in houston, and I spent waaaay to much and she's not even mine! Either way, keep us posted! Isn't it fun shopping at Target again? he he

Kathy said...

Oh how fun!!! I won't get too excited either way yet... that little one's keeping everyone on our toes, isn't ... "she?" : ) Glad the baby is healthy and that your nausea is subsiding!!! I felt so bad for you... but wouldn't be surprised if it IS a girl... Mary made me SO sick! Can't wait to hear your official news!!! We're having a girls' night tomorrow, Katie. You'll be missed.

Marian said...

A baby girl would be so beautiful!!

My last ultrasound, the baby's umbilical cord was in the way. I have one in a week...we'll see that it's going to be a boy....just because intuitively, I think it's a boy.
i'm glad you're finally getting over the nausea!

Went camping this weekend with Blake and family. We had a blast! I'm so glad you're settling in nicely there. We look forward to visiting you guys someday!!