May 7, 2008
C-section in my future!
I had an appointment with my OB yesterday and we decided that I will have a C-section this time around. I think that he actually decided already but let me at least think I had a choice. The topic came up at my first appointment when we went over my history of having an enormous child, being induced 9 days after my due date, and all the wonderful damage that did to my body. I had only requested that he please not let me go that long and risk having another very long and difficult delivery of a humongous child. For those of you that don't know I gave birth to a 2 month old. Will was 10lbs. 14oz. and 23 inches. That is a big baby by anyone's standards. I started thinking that a C-section might not be that bad when he told me he would do it 2 weeks early, schedule it this month and possibly be able to repair the damage done to my abdominal muscles by having such a large baby. He also started telling me of all the things that could possibly happen by giving birth to another large baby and none of them sounded very appealing. He also commented on the fact that I am already carrying this baby very low which is most likely due to the fact that I basically have no muscle tone left after waddling around with Will for 10 1/2 months. This will probably make me very uncomfortable towards the end hence another reason to deliver 2 weeks early. He just kept coming with the good news. The recovery will not be too much fun but neither was the recovery from Will so I figure I'm going to be in pain either way. This way we can schedule the Grandma's and have all the help we need. I am liking the idea of a C-section! If only I could come out of there with pre-pregnancy abs I'd be thrilled. We will schedule the C-section for the last week of September/first week of October. We will have our next ultrasound next week to find out the sex but due to the fact that I am still nauseated I'm thinking girl. We'll find out soon enough and then have to start thinking of names. The hardest part!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! That's unbelievable that he has already thought you should have a C-section so early. It almost makes me upset. Perhaps he should wait until ultrasound at third trimester to see how big baby will be. But of course that's your decision and your OB. I dunno...each baby is different. Patrick was 30 hours of labor , 4 hours and 15 minutes of pushing and I gained I think 70lbs. Ronan 4 hours of labor, one and a half hours of pushing and I think I gained about the same. My abdomen muscles will never ever be the same nor my pelvic floor!!! YIKES!. (I see a tummy tuck and a bladder pull up in my future). I can't wait to find out if it's a little sister or little brother!!
I can't believe how big Will was, I had no idea.. and he came out of tiny old you. Ouch!
Hang in there... I had two C sections (not by choice). Much longer recovery, major abdominal surgery.
WOW! I know the uncertainty can be scary, but I've heard only great things from friends and family who have had them. And if they can fix your abs??? Every pregnant mommy's dream, right? No flabby baby belly!!! We'll be praying, so keep us posted! How exciting!
Post a Comment