May 12, 2008

Relaxing Mother's Day

I really had a relaxing weekend. Josh and Will declared Saturday as boy's day and had big plans starting with breakfast at McDonald's. I decided rather than sit around the house and do laundry I would go and get a pedicure. I had not had one since March so it was definitely time.

On Sunday, we made plans with our friends to join them and their family who were in town for the weekend at the Hill Country Hyatt Resort for brunch. It is a beautiful resort and just minutes from our home. We commented several times that we would love to go vacation there for the week. Brunch was wonderful complete with cowboys and clowns. Will does not like anything with a mask on so every time we went by the clowns he had to be carried and closed his eyes the whole way. His friend Nick went to visit the clown and brought him back a parrot balloon.



After brunch, we all decided to walk a little bit around the resort. There is a lazy river, playground, nature trails, and a beautiful spa which I got to visit. My Mother's Day gift was a pregnancy massage. It was wonderful! My friend Caroline who is also pregnant had one scheduled as well. We waved goodbye to the Dad's and strolled back to the spa to be pampered for the afternoon. We got to change into the big, fluffy robes and dip our feet in the hot tub while waiting for our massages. It was such a wonderful weekend. I am so grateful to be a Mom have such a wonderful little boy and another child on the way. I feel so blessed to have a husband that appreciates me and truly enjoys his family. Thank you boys for giving me such a wonderful Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

We stayed there for five days with Andy's parents and his sisters whole family. It was wonderful we had 3 kids with us, 4yrs and two 18 month olds (one of those was my William) I was still Prego with Claira. They showed movies on the green with popcorn and had smores every night on the lazy river beach. How relaxing!

Marian said...

You look beautiful Katie!! And I see a baby bump finally!! Will looks so grown up! (sniff!...I miss how he says my name). Josh looks so happy! Sorry I missed your call yesterday.(my pregnant brain left my phone in the kitchen) .I was in school with my decorating crew for the luau which is TODAY!! I'll give you a buzz this afternoon with a virgin pina colada...I'll need it after a fun day.

Sounds like you had a fabulous mother's day too! We'll have to go back to that resort when we come to visit at some point!

Aloha! talk to you this afternoon

Jenni B. said...

Glad you had a fun Mother's Day Katie, it sounds wonderful. I love the family picture, you all look great. We miss you.

Kathy said...

I can see your belly!!! You look so great, Katie. Your family all looks great. Glad you had a Happy Mother's Day and a nice MASSAGE as well. I had one of those - it's so nice to relax, have someone massage you and have your belly supported! We miss you guys.