
We started our Saturday out very excited to watch the Georgia game but halfway into the second quarter I started bleeding heavily. I called my OB and they told me to head to the ER. By the time we got there I was hemorraghing pretty badly and in rough shape. They admitted me pretty quickly but then I spent the night basically just waiting and wondering what was going on. Yesterday, they took me for an ultrasound and determined that I had some retained placental tissue. I had a D&C yesterday afternoon and was home by 10pm last night which was cruel. I am really sore from having a breathing tube and weak from losing a lot of blood but I am happy to be on the road to recovery. The Lord was looking out for us once again as we fortunately still had my Mom with us so she spent Saturday night and all day Sunday with both kids. I have no idea what we would have done with a 10 day old baby, a 3 year old, and a hemorrhaging Mommy if she wasn't here. She extended her stay until Thursday and we are so grateful to have her help as we really need it now. I will be house bound for a while to let myself heal and keep our little Amelia healthy. Our pediatrician told us that she needs to be semi quarantined for the next 3 months due to her prematurity so no playgroups, church, gyms, restaurants, or grocery stores. Fortunately, she is eligible for the RSV vaccine which will be given once a month starting in October thru March. It costs about $5,000 per dose so we are lucky that our insurance approved it. It will give us some peace of mind during cold and flu season.
5 comments:
katie, how scary. Thank goodness you had an extra set of hands. I am glad you are ok. Amelia is a cutie pie too!
katie!!
oh my gosh! how freakin' scary!!! here i was counting the days when to call you 'cause i figured you'd be too wiped out to be on the phone, i know i was that first 10 days. i'm glad they got it all out!! will definitey keep you and little amelia in our prayers for good health! love, marian
No,kidding the Lord was watching out for you. I'm so glad your mom was there to help and that you are ok. Anything like that is so scary. That is the perfect family picture of you guys all in your Georgia gear!!! Sorry it had a rough ending! : ) Miss you guys here...
Wow Katie how scary!! I'm so glad you are ok now, rest up if you can. The picture is awesome, what a great looking little family you got there!
Wow! Thank the good Lord you had some help, Josh was home, and you're now on the road to recovery. They say that God only gives you what you can handle...well, girl, He must think you're Superwoman! Big hugs! Gey better soon!
Post a Comment