We have been so busy with the move, work, and trying to keep cool in this Texas heat! We are loving our new house and neighborhood. We have had the whole house painted, some landscaping done, and a much needed water softener installed. I have some before and after pictures to post but I'll wait until we have all the rooms set up. We are waiting on a couch and eventually a tv stand and some few other odds and ends to complete our rooms.
We are getting ready for Will's 4th birthday in about 3 weeks. This year's theme is pirates but there are a LOT of requests for Spider Man toys. I think it is genetically programmed in all little boys to like cars/trucks, dinosaurs, pirates, and Spider Man in that exact order. I'm not sure I want to know what comes after Spider Man. He is rocking his swimming lessons and will now advance to Pool Sharks which is pretty high for his age. He can swim half the length of the pool pretty much on his own, taking breaths and everything. More importantly he focuses on his teacher and behaves in class. Amelia is thankfully back to her usual happy self. We had about 10 days of whining with high temperatures thrown in here and there for some added fun. Not sure what was going on but whatever it was it seems to have past. She is still not crawling but that fits in to her "princess" like personality. I know that she can do it but why move when you have servants. She is becoming quite verbal. She now says "Mama, Hi, and Bye Bye." Nothing is deliberate but to us it sounds genius! She can wave and clap and is quite pleased with herself when she demonstrates these talents. They are so much fun to watch!
We are getting ready for Will's 4th birthday in about 3 weeks. This year's theme is pirates but there are a LOT of requests for Spider Man toys. I think it is genetically programmed in all little boys to like cars/trucks, dinosaurs, pirates, and Spider Man in that exact order. I'm not sure I want to know what comes after Spider Man. He is rocking his swimming lessons and will now advance to Pool Sharks which is pretty high for his age. He can swim half the length of the pool pretty much on his own, taking breaths and everything. More importantly he focuses on his teacher and behaves in class. Amelia is thankfully back to her usual happy self. We had about 10 days of whining with high temperatures thrown in here and there for some added fun. Not sure what was going on but whatever it was it seems to have past. She is still not crawling but that fits in to her "princess" like personality. I know that she can do it but why move when you have servants. She is becoming quite verbal. She now says "Mama, Hi, and Bye Bye." Nothing is deliberate but to us it sounds genius! She can wave and clap and is quite pleased with herself when she demonstrates these talents. They are so much fun to watch!

Will enjoying Mom and Dad's jacuzzi tub

Josh and Will after a boy's day outing to see Ice Age 3 in 3-D

Amelia passed out after a July 4th pool party, still hanging on to her baby!

Amelia enjoying her first homemade waffle

2 comments:
Oh my goodness, Katie! The kids are getting so big! I can't believe it! So adorable! Sounds like you guys are having fun. Can't wait to see the beautiful job you're doing decorating the new house! Miss you guys!
Love the pictures!! Miss ya!
Post a Comment