August 20, 2009

Have you ever had one of those days?????

Today was just one of those aggravating days where it all goes wrong. It was starting to get comical so I just had to comment on it. The soundtrack to my day was Amelia whining and crying and CRYING some more. My sweet little child is going through a phase ( at least I hope she is.) I started out bright and early trying to clean up the kitchen before I dropped Will off at school. My cleaning ended abruptly when I slliced my finger on the food processor blade. I'm definitely putting that in the dishwasher from now on. After a morning of dealing with smiley and her no nap self, I decided a good way to take a break would be a nice run on the treadmill. Exercise for me and freedom from the baby. It was a win/win situation. I was feeling really good in my run and had just increased to 9mph (fast for me.) I felt like I could go all day when abruptly the treadmill came to a dead halt practically throwing me off of it. I didn't realize there was a 30 minute time limit on the machine and then it basically shuts down (a convenient feature.) I quickly try to get it back up but now I have to reprogram it which seems to take forever and I have now lost all motivation. My heart is racing at about 160bpm and I am moving at about 1.6mph on the treadmill. I decide to get off and go talk to the "floor staff" so I can figure out how to not let this ever happen again. He informs me that there is "a guy" who has the codes to reprogram the machines but they won't do that because there is a 30 minute time limit on all the cardio machines so people don't have to wait. As I look around the monstrous gym I see about 4 people on cardio machines and 3 using weights. They're just breaking down the door to get on those machines! I try to be cheerful and think to myself "this is a free membership, I can't expect too much" as I go to get my hysterically crying child. We drive the 2 miles home which seems to take an eternity when one of your passengers is hurling everything you give her. We get home and I try to inhale a sandwich while she is peacefully eating because I know I have precious little time to enjoy the silence. I go to check my e-mail and online bank and realize that those bills I thought I had paid 2 weeks ago never went through. Awesome! I guess I never hit the submit button. I was wondering why we had all this extra money. I should have known. Well, no time to dwell on that I need to quickly get my sweaty self in the shower because I have to go get the little man at his last day of summer pre school and god forbid if I'm late. I get in the shower and place Amelia on the floor with all kinds of toys around her. She decides to play with my hair brushes. Okay, whatever. I'll deal with the hair ball later. after about 2 seconds of being content she starts whining again. Nothing will make you move faster than a crying baby. Too bad I still need to shave my legs. As I am speed shaving I drop the razor and wouldn't you know it breaks. No problem though, I manage to put it back on in no time and continue to shave my legs. It's a good thing I put it on backwards and spent all that time shaving my legs for NOTHING. Oh well, now I really need to get moving to get Will. Hopefully, the ladies at book club tonight won't mind my hairy legs because I definitely don't have time for another shower today! On a side note as I am trying to type this my blog page keeps freezing so it is taking me about 10 times longer. Priceless! I get smiley face loaded up in the car and hand her my Ipod in it's case because it is the only thing she kept in her seat on the way home from the gym. I am hoping for a quiet ride. Well, I don't know what happened back there but she it is not quiet and I can't see her because somehow she has kicked the mirror off the seat. Finally, we arrive at Will's school and I am hoping my little man will cheer me up. As I go around to Amelia's side to get her out I see my IPod hanging out of the door. Double awesome! She somehow managed to throw it down in the millisecond before I closed the door and we've been riding like that for 7 miles. I am happy to report that after careful inspection the IPod is still functioning but the headphones did not make it. Those things are indestructible. For those of you that may not have heard I dropped it down the toilet the first day I had it and it took a little drying out but it works beautifully. We had a somewhat peaceful ride home because Amelia just lights up when she is around Will. She went to bed as soon as we got in and then Will started in on me. He told me that he forgot how to pee pee and wash his hands so he was not going to be able to do that before nap. I reminded him that if he can throw a bouncy ball down the kitchen drain (just happened) that he can probably work up the dexterity to wash his hands. After arguing with him for several minutes and doling out all kinds of threats, he informed me that "this was the worst day ever." I had to agree! I promised and quietly prayed that things would be better after nap. I am happy to report that they are both currently sleeping. I must run and get ready for tonight. Did I mention that I am hosting book club tonight so I have 3 appetizers to make, a house to clean, and in my generous sweet wife way I mentioned to Josh that he should just go ahead and go to a movie with his friends during book club? "Sure, I'll keep the kids here. They won't be any trouble. I know how boring it is to be stuck upstairs while a bunch of cackling women invade your home." What was I thinking???? Fortunately book club is more about drinking wine and chatting so it will probably be a good cure for today. Ahh, most days I love motherhood but today was not one of them!
Hope you had a good day!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, girl! That was some day! We've certainly all had one...you deserve a nice big glass of wine...or two...or three ;-)
Enjoy the peace and quiet when they fall fast asleep.