January 14, 2008

Conversations.......

Riding to the gym with Will this morning, our conversation goes like this:

Me " Will, are you excited to play at the gym with your friends?"
Will " Yeah, she put the firetruck up yesterday 2 minutes tomorrow"
Me " She put the firetruck away yesterday?"
Will " Yeah Mommy"
Silence for about 30 seconds
Will " blueberries"
Me "blueberries??????"
Will " No, strawberries"
Me "Okay, strawberries then"
Will "Patrick took Ronan's strawberries"
Me "He did?"
Will " Yeah, I ate all my strawberries. I like strawberries Mommy"
Me " I know"

Now, let me translate because most people would call this word salad but I actually knew exactly what he was talking about. He is learning the concept of time so almost everything is a combination of yesterday, tomorrow and two minutes. It can be confusing. As far as the blueberry comment goes I'm not sure why he was thinking about it this morning but about 2 weeks ago he went over to Ronan and Patrick's house for a few hours and they had chicken nuggets and strawberries for lunch. Apparently, Patrick took Ronan's strawberries. It is amazing what this child remembers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie - great to see you guys! I think I might start a blog, too, certainly would keep everyone up to date! :) I am having the same conversations with Jimmy only his words are still coming in. :)
Kirsten Olman

Kathy said...

I love how completely random the conversation can be at that age. Hilarious. I also love how a mommy can follow it! You guys are funny with all your kitchen appliance gifts too!!! Thanks again for taking the kids today, Katie. And, no... I don't always mix up the boys! Ha!