February 2, 2008

King Cake


Well, since we are only about an hour from New Orleans we get to experience all the Mardi Gras festivities. Carnival season began a few weeks ago and will end on Fat Tuesday which is this week. There has been a parade about every day but we have yet to make one. It seems like it rains every time we plan to go. We are attempting to go tomorrow but again the forecast calls for rain. Hopefully, we will make one this year as it will be our last in this area. We did buy a King Cake which was a totally foreign thing to me until we came here. They are in every store but we suppposedly bought the best one from a bakery in a gas station. Go figure! I played it pretty safe and got the cream cheese filling. We haven't found the piece with the baby Jesus yet and I'm not really sure what to do with it when we do. I think whoever finds it gets all kinds of priveledges for the day. We'll probably all be digging through it tomorrow during our Super Bowl party! Go PATS!

No comments: