May 15, 2008

It's a ........


GIRL! We are completely blown away and not sure what to think of having a girl in the house. Will has known all along though so it was no surprise to him. He has been talking about his baby sister for weeks now... what crayon she will use, what movies we will buy for her, and toys that she can play with of his. I think he is going to be such a sweet big brother.
She originally was asleep and sitting down (she is breech as of right now) so I was nervous we wouldn't be able to tell but then she woke up and was all over the place. We saw her enormous feet and got a great picture of her kicking me with her big old foot shown above. The sonographer was laughing at how big they were. She is actually measuring right on time and weighs only 8oz. At this point, Will was measuring 2 weeks ahead so she might be a normal size after all. She looked great and we got to see everything. It is so reassuring to see arms, legs, hands, feet, heart and even brain tissue. It's truly amazing. We have no idea what we are naming her but we have plenty of time. We were just so happy to see that she looks healthy and happy in there!

5 comments:

heather said...

OMIGOSH! :) Congratulations!!!

Marian said...

SO HAPPY!! and what a beautiful princess she's going to be!! Will is going to make a wonderful big brother! he is so very sweet! -- you need to send me a video clip of him saying my name. I miss him saying Ms. Marian. Speaking of names...there you go MARIANNE
And I already told you my other favorites...Faith, Hope
and there's Ashlyn and Simone ...
And great to hear she is "normal" size!!! Congratulations!

Kathy said...

I KNEW IT!!! SEE??? You were so sick! Mary did me in... way more than the boys. Those girls. Oh, how exciting!!! What a little joy she will be to all of you. Thanks for your encouraging comments... no news yet.

Meegan said...

Congrats again, I'm so happy for you guys!!!

MK said...

Yay! A girl! hopefully she won't look like Josh.

Will looks like such a four year old in these pictures. He must be loving SA. Have you been to Central Market yet???

We miss you guys (and I'm hugely jealous). Jeff wants me to write "We miss y'all" but that's just dumb.