We spent our weekend mostly around the house getting the baby's room ready and preparing for next weekends big birthday bash. Will is having a dinosaur party that he is beyond excited about. He tells everyone we meet and asks them if they want to come. I sure hope he is not disappointed! I decided to make his cake this year after being inspired by my good friend Laura whose cake making abilities would put anyone to shame. He wanted a dinosaur of course so I decided to do a trial run this past weekend. I didn't make the shape of the dinosaur (I'm not doing that twice) but I wanted to see how a box cake mix would be vs. homemade (box is just fine), get the frosting just right including color and play around with the different decorating tips. My taste tester seemed to think everything was okay!


We also put the crib together and started getting her room a little organized. Will loves to hang out in her room and look at all the stuff he had as a baby. He is so excited to be a big brother. He's going to be great! We still need to move the dresser in her room but have to now buy Will a new one. We have a neighbor who makes furniture in his garage so we may have him do it. No charge for delivery!

2 comments:
I have a picture just like that, of Christian sitting in the Bumbo as we get the room ready! Can't wait to see it all set up, and take a picture of that cake too!
they joys of Nesting!!! I see Sammy! I miss him, he is such a good dog! Will is getting very tall Hope your hanging in there!
Post a Comment