Well, with only 6 weeks to go I have started to really think about getting everything ready for the baby. It seems like there is a lot to do especially when you are very big, very tired, and have a 3 year old to entertain. It is very different this time around. With Will, I had the nursery ready way too soon, had 3 baby showers, and a closet full of clothes. Poor Amelia (Yes, we picked a name!) has a lot of her big brother's clothes, and a pretty disorganized nursery. Here is a list of some of my baby preparation tasks:
- get Mommy maintenance done (haircut - done, pedicure, dentist)
- last family vacation as 3 ( in two weeks)
- wash all car seat, bouncy seat, and swing covers (in the wash right now)
- wash all clothes and buy some girly clothes
- find appropriate Georgia coming home outfit for Amelia and Will (Daddy, Nanny, and Aunt Lynsey all working on this)
- wash sheets, blankets, and crib bedding
- buy extra sheet, changing pad covers, and DIAPERS!!!!!
- get caught up with Will's scrapbook so as not to fall too far behind
- make homemade burp cloths for Amelia and upcoming births of several friends babies ( I made Will 12, we'll see how many I can make for Amelia)
- try to have as many girls nights out as I can since I will be house bound for a while maybe even a night out with Josh!
- last but not least GET SOME REST!
A little side note on her name. Josh and I will probably call her Amelia but Will is going to call her Mama Mia. I'm not sure where he got this from but he insists that is her name. Josh and I are going to drop the "Mama" part and call her Mia for short. We are so excited to meet little Miss. Amelia Kathryn and are counting down the days until she is here. We have waited a long time for her!
4 comments:
I can't help but laugh...you and I are so close on names. My little lady due any day now is going to be Abygail Kathryn. Amelia was one of our top 3! Good luck!
I love the name! Sounds like you have alot to do, but it all sounds fun. Please post some pictures of her room and your belly when you get the chance, since I don't get to see you in person anymore. :(
I love that name! Especially the nickname!
Don't forget, I'm making you a nursing cover with a couple of matching burp clothes. If you're not going to get the peanut sling...I'm up for making you a Maya sling wrap!
Wish you were here!
I love Amelia, obviously, seeing that it's Reese' middle name. Mia is so cute, I love it! I want to see a picture of YOU!! Glad everything is going so well for you all. Can't wait to see pictures of little Amelia!
Post a Comment