August 3, 2008

A Roarin' Good Time

Well, the day finally arrived for Will's dinosaur birthday party. He has been counting down the days and telling anyone and everyone that he is having a dinosaur birthday. The child is obsessed with dinosaurs!


We started out the day at the neighborhood pool which we had all to ourselves. Will has become quite the fish this summer and loves spending time at the pool. We figured it was a good activity to do in August in Texas. The kids were all hungry and tired so we headed back to the house for lunch, games, and cake. We feasted on dinosaur chicken nuggets, tater tots, hot dogs, and fruit salad.
After lunch the kids decorated their goodie bags with dinosaur stamps, stickers, and markers and donned their masks for the dinosaur egg hunt.


We headed inside for the infamous dinosur cake that Will said he wanted several months ago. I promised myself after last years birthday that I would make homemade birthday cakes from now on. I was not too confident in my cake making abilities but I figured if it didn't look good it would at least taste good. I was in the kitchen the night before until about 10pm trying to put it together. It was not easy and definitely looked homemade but my little boy loved it and that made me so happy. It was well worth it. I just hope next years request isn't too outrageous.

Will showing us he's three!

Will giving Chase a good roar!

The kids were starting to zone out so we decided to open up presents and call it a day. We brought all the presents upstairs and tried to let Will open them without any help from the other kids which is just about impossible. We started opening up presents in the middle of the room but ended up practically in the corner because the kids kept scooting closer and closer. It was hysterical. They all wanted to "help."





We opened up all the new toys and let the kids play for a little while. Everyone really caught on to our dinosaur theme and Will got more dinosaurs than I thought were in existence. He sets them up every morning so now it will probably take him an hour rather than 30 minutes. He is very organized and likes to have them all standing and facing the same direction. They usually end up all watching tv. The kids and parents were tired and all started heading home. We were exhausted as well and put Will down for a short nap which he gladly gave in to. After he woke up, we let him open all the presents from the family.



Today is Will's actual birthday and we are just going to spend the day relaxing at home and playing with his new toys. Once again, we are overwhelmed with all the gifts that he received and Josh is requesting "No more toys!" For Christmas, he wants money for the college fund. I told him I don't think the grandparents will go for that. We had such a great time and want to thank our family and friends for sharing our little boys special day with us. I can't believe it has been three years already. Will, we have enjoyed every minute of it. We love you!

4 comments:

Meegan said...

Happy Birthday Will!! Katie the cake looks awesome, good job!!

Susan Thomas said...

Your cake turned out amazing! Looks like you all had lots of fun, hope you are feeling ok in this nasty Texas heat!

Jenni B. said...

Awesome cake Katie, it looks great! I would hire you! Looks like a fun party.

Kathy said...

Katie, I love your cake!!! Great job. You inspire me... I was going to order Mary's cake for next weekend (we're celebrating early while Bill's still here), but may try to make it now. Maybe. : )

Great party and happy bday to Will!