September 12, 2008

Surprise! Surprise!


Our beautiful baby girl decided to make her way into the world a little early! Amelia Kathryn was born on Wednesday at 9:22 pm. She was 35weeks2days but she was a really good size at 6lbs.7.5oz 18.5 inches long. She did wonderfully and had no breathing or temperature issues. She did not have to go to the NICU and was with me the whole time. We are now home and enjoying our little peanut. I never imagined we would have a baby this small and can't believe we have to pick up some Preemie clothes for her. She seemed to know it was her time because if she had waited even 24 hours her Daddy would have been in El Paso with his entire squadron who had to evacuate all the planes due to Hurricane Ike. We are so blessed and completely in love with this little girl.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! A big congrats!

Susan Thomas said...

oh my gosh! Congratulations! What a great suprise! She's a cutie pie! Did you end up having to have a C Section?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! She is so sweet. I cannot believe she already weighed 6lbs at 35 weeks. That is what Reese weighed at 40! I'm so happy everything went well. Enjoy your new little girl.

Kathy said...

I was just peekin' around and your post took my breath away! Boy, you guys got that nursery put together in the nick of time!!! Congratulations to all of you - God bless you guys. It's a GIRL!!!

heather said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!!Jonas was only 5 lbs 14 oz at 35 weeks 6 days! He was out his premie clothes in no time, though!

Marian said...

wooo hooo hoooo!! KATIE!! Congratulations Owens Family!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!! and look at that proud big brother! Wonderful news!! Wish I was there or you were here! Amelia and Gabriel both have plans on their own---good for us--no induction for me and no ceasarian for you! Omygosh! she would be nearly 9 lbs or even over if she actually went to 40 weeks!
So happy for you! and glad that Josh was not away when she made her debut. OH!! I recognize that shirt Will is wearing! MISS YOU GUYS! and God Bless! and have a speeeeddddyyy recovery! XOXO
Marian and family

Kelly said...

Bless you heart...she is beautiful. And you are so lucky, 35 weeks and healthy! Looks like you are all in love already.

Jenni B. said...

Amelia is beautiful, so glad everything went just perfectly. You were in your nesting stage for a reason, little Amelia had plans of her own. Congratulations to you and Josh and big brother too! Miss you guys.

MK said...

Beautimus! Holy smokes, good thing you got the nursery ready.

Meegan said...

Congrats again! She is beautiful, and in the second pictures I see resemblence to Will. I am so very excited for you all Katie!