March 31, 2010

Spring or (summer) has sprung

We have been busy getting the house ready for spring or summer I guess since I saw 90 degrees on the thermostat today. It has been beautiful and the kids have enjoyed a lot of outside time. Amelia loves to go out and she is constantly hollering "shoes and 'side" at us. We don't dare go by the back door unless we are prepared to go out or deal with her wrath. We are hopefully getting the arbor on our deck built this week to shelter us from the Texas sun. Will and I have cleared out a very large area for a garden and are waiting for the poultry fertilizer to be applied before we plant anything. We are having friends over for Easter and we did not think that they would appreciate having their kids hunt for Easter eggs in chicken poop so we will wait until next week. He is very excited and totally into it so it should be fun. I expect Amelia to be our taste tester. The girl loves tomatoes!
This past week Amelia suffered a bad case of hand, foot, and mouth which was a first for the Owens household. I must say it was very unpleasant for all but she is on the mend and back to her usual mischievous self. We are looking forward to a lot of fun summer activities! I will post pictures of all of our completed projects.

sitting in a pile of dirt

She's wild! (notice the dirt in her tooth)



Enjoying a chilled beverage

I almost forgot we had this in the shed. They get soaked but they love it!

No comments: