
I am trying to give the blog a little face lift so bear with me as it looks a little funny right now. The kids and I have been super busy since Josh left last week. I have decided to not try and update with anything from the summer because I would be here for weeks. I will just try and start from here and be really good about keeping everyone up to date.
Our biggest activities have been decorating for Halloween and playing outside. The weather has been beautiful and I have not been able to get the kids inside which is totally opposite of the norm. I have not heard the annoying sounds of Mario Kart in days! I have discovered Pinterest which has given me tons of great craft ideas and will basically keep me occupied until the kids graduate high school. We are all loving the fun activities we are doing together and Hobby Lobby is also reaping the rewards! Here is some of what we have been up to this week!

Painting Jack-O-Lanterns

Look at that lefty!

Climbing trees!
(notice they are all dead) Texas has been a little dry this summer!

I can do it by myself!


National night out, basically a block party. We are like the only young family on our street or at least the only ones that came out so the kids were completely doted on. They had plates full of cookies at all times. It was like they were surrounded by grandparents. It was all fun and games until the SAPD caravan pulled up with McGruff the crime fighting dog. I don't know why they think kids enjoy big people dressed in dark, scary costumes coming up to them waving at them and wanting to hug them. Who likes that? Not my kids! I was happy though because it made it easy to get them in the house for bathtime!


Perhaps the most exciting thing of the week is my new trash can area. It is amazing how exciting taking out your trash can be when it looks this good. I should have taken a before picture but I didn't. It basically looked like a big mud pit and you couldn't open the gate all the way because of the tree limbs so you had to wrestle the ginormous trash can out of a narrow opening! Grass never grew but yet there were sprinkler heads over there so whenever you walked over there to take trash out you stepped in about 1-2 inches of mud depending on whether it was watering day or not. We have lived with that for 2 years when finally one day I said to Josh " We are not college students, why are we putting up with this? I refuse to show up to the gym with my shoes caked in mud anymore! This is ridiculous!" One call to our lawn guy/landscaper and all is right in the world! You will find me happily taking out the trash every Tuesday and Friday morning rain or shine!
1 comment:
hmmm.. i may need to talk to you about the garbage can fix... we have the same issue. we've re-sodded and it's still a mess!
Post a Comment